Abstract Submission Deadline (extended): 16th October 2017
FREE PAPER PRESENTATION (POSTER)
- Delegates are invited to present scientific work as poster presentation.
- All presenters of papers (poster presentation) must be registered delegates of the Congress. Abstracts will not be accepted without payment of registration fees.
- Abstracts should not contain work that has been previously published elsewhere.
- Authors are advised to read the Guidelines to Authors (below).
- Abstracts must be submitted electronically using the standardised electronic abstract form, on or before 30th September 2017.
- Authors will be notified of acceptance/rejection of their abstracts by the Scientific Committee.
- No limit is imposed on the number of abstracts submitted.
Best KLINC Abstract Award
One award will be presented : Best KLINC Abstract Award. The judges may decide on more than one winner should there be more abstracts eligible.
Eligibility for Award: The presenting author must be below the age of 40 years at the time of presentation. No award will be given for case reports. The decision of the scientific committee prior to the conference on issues of eligibility is final.
Selection: The panel of judges will be appointed by the Scientific Committee, and the judges decisions will be final.
Guidelines to Authors on abstract submission
- The abstracts should be limited to 250 words.
- Submissions must be in English.
- The title should be in Capital letters, followed by the names of authors (underline the presenting author), then names of the department/ hospital/ institution at which the work was carried out.
- Words should be in Arial font, size 11, single spacing.
- Start with a statement of the main purpose of the study in a single sentence, followed by the methods used, the results, and finally the conclusion.
- Do not include graphs or tables or references.
- Attach your names, addresses and contact numbers (especially mobile phone number and email addresses) for ease and speed of communication.
Guidelines on Poster Presentation
- Posters must be mounted on the assigned board before the opening ceremony.
- The poster board provided is 1 meter in width and 1.4 meter in length. You are advised to print a poster NO LARGER than the poster board. We advise size A0 (841 mm width x 1189 mm length, see below).
- The top of your poster should have the title and the names of the authors. The printed poster must be easily read from a distance of at least 1.5 metres.
- Authors are required to be at the poster site for the presentation and discussion during the poster presentation session. There will be an extended poster presentation time for shortlisted presentations. Those shortlisted will be required to present the full details of their poster to the judges.
- The Organising Committee will not be responsible for posters which have not been dismounted by the end of the Congress.
Please Register Online prior to submitting your abstract. Upon successful registration, you will be given a password "token" to be used for login and abstract submission.